1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. gen2tone liked dolj's post in the thread Brakes 'falter/hestitate' when approaching standstill.

Check the discs for run out too. If they are out of spec, it will add weight to getting the discs replaced along with the pads.

May 16, 2024 at 4:36 PM
  2. gen2tone liked TMR-JWAP's post in the thread Brakes 'falter/hestitate' when approaching standstill.

This is very interesting to know. One more thing to check and stay ahead of when doing brakes!

3. gen2tone liked TMR-JWAP's post in the thread Brakes 'falter/hestitate' when approaching standstill.

Does your brake actuator cycle frequently? If so, your symptoms are not uncommon for when an actuator is failing.

4. gen2tone liked Tombukt2's post in the thread Brakes 'falter/hestitate' when approaching standstill.

Try bleeding the brakes maybe it's never been done If not scan your car carefully and look at the freeze frame data when you're breaking...

5. gen2tone replied to the thread Brakes 'falter/hestitate' when approaching standstill.

Brilliant. Many thanks Mr GM. That sounds like what I'm suspecting, given its age and the amount of rust down there generally and on the...

May 16, 2024 at 4:35 PM
  6. Cadenza replied to the thread Missing HV battery filters.

Thanks. EGR circuit is on my to-do list at 70k.

May 16, 2024 at 4:32 PM
  7. Paul Gregory posted a new thread.

Can anyone recommend a good OBD gauge cluster for the Prius Prime?

I got this one, but it doesn't seem to work: [ATTACH]

OBDHUD.jpg

Forum: Gen 5 Prius Technical Discussion

May 16, 2024 at 4:29 PM
  8. gen2tone liked mr_guy_mann's post in the thread Brakes 'falter/hestitate' when approaching standstill.

My first guess is that you have "rust jacking" of the front wheel speed sensors. Corrosion forms under the sensor mounting flange and...

May 16, 2024 at 4:29 PM
  9. Washingtonian replied to the thread Nice Compact Charger.

Call me clueless, but until I read this posting I had no idea my car had a cigarette lighter outlet. It made me take a look.

May 16, 2024 at 4:25 PM
  10. Gokhan replied to the thread Okay. Who HASN'T had a 12V battery issue with their 2023-24 Prime?.

In your simple battery monitor, which is probably only a voltage sensor, the SOC is probably looked up from an SOC-vs.-voltage table...

May 16, 2024 at 4:25 PM
  11. Mr.Vanvandenburg replied to the thread Okay. Who HASN'T had a 12V battery issue with their 2023-24 Prime?.

The battery monitor soc and voltage are independent readings, and the monitor is hooked up to the battery like a multimeter would be....

May 16, 2024 at 4:20 PM
  12. ChapmanF replied to the thread DIY hybrid battery rebuild, I did it all and it worked for 20 minutes.

A torque wrench maybe isn't as important for someone who feels the specified torque isn't right anyway. Toyota would have chosen the...

May 16, 2024 at 4:07 PM
  13. rjparker replied to the thread Reverse Polarity Jumpstart, Strange Symptoms.

There are fusible links that don’t look like fuses. Since you have devices not working, the straightforward technique is to get the...

May 16, 2024 at 3:45 PM