1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. Mr.Vanvandenburg replied to the thread 1764: Smallpox Blankets. 2024: Starlink?.

I read your dates. There was more to come is what I said. Not talking about your article. Calif in and after 1850 at statehood, state...

Jun 11, 2024 at 10:24 AM
  2. bwilson4web replied to the thread Tesla stock.

Source: Elon Musk's potential $56B pay package rejection predicted to tank TSLA stock Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi predicts...

Jun 11, 2024 at 10:00 AM
  3. Xeico replied to the thread Project Lithium Soother Test.

It looks like Jake himself is slowly but surely killing his product.

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:47 AM
  4. Paul Gregory posted a new thread.

Installing a panel meter

My Gen 5 seems to be very sensitive to voltage drop, and it's also unfortunately prone to erratic parasitic drain. I want to install a...

Forum: Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:40 AM
  5. sylvaing replied to the thread Warming up Prime in Cold weather..

I guess they fixed an annoying "feature" with Gen4 in Gen5, which is being able to turn on defrost while plugged in. You can't with Gen4...

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:31 AM
  6. ColoradoBoo liked Georgina Rudkus's post in the thread New custom Prius v shifter and knob.

Here's my father's friend's shifter and custom modification for my 2012 Prius v. [ATTACH]

vertical shifter full dash.JPG Jun 11, 2024 at 9:26 AM
  7. Paul Gregory replied to the thread Hybrid system Malfunction (Visit Your Dealership).

I agree that the newer Priuses have a starting problem. Below a certain threshold voltage, the car will not even try to go into READY...

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:20 AM
  8. bwilson4web replied to the thread Texas Starship Testing.

About Starship, rumors are: Flap hinges will be moved and better protected with an improved tile barrier. IMHO, aerodynamic structures...

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:05 AM
  9. soldierguy liked John321's post in the thread I'm back in a hybrid: a 2024 Kia Niro.

The Niro is a great car, one that very few people know about!

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:03 AM
  10. soldierguy liked bisco's post in the thread I'm back in a hybrid: a 2024 Kia Niro.

congrats! that is a great car, all the best!

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:03 AM
  11. Paul Gregory replied to the thread Hybrid system Malfunction (Visit Your Dealership).

That's correct, it makes no sense that the 12 V battery delivers 100 amps or even 50 amps on startup. It only has to activate the...

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:00 AM
  12. hill liked Paul Gregory's post in the thread Hybrid system Malfunction (Visit Your Dealership).

Well, that makes no sense. Since the Prius has no regular alternator, it relies on a DC-DC converter to take power from the hybrid...

Jun 11, 2024 at 8:54 AM
  13. hill liked rjparker's post in the thread Hybrid system Malfunction (Visit Your Dealership).

A Prius battery does not have to supply much current to start the car. As a test a few years back I replaced the 46b24r battery with...

IMG_5334.jpeg Jun 11, 2024 at 8:51 AM
  14. KMO replied to the thread Warming up Prime in Cold weather..

Okay, I don't understand how Charge mode could not start the engine. It should either say "charge above 80%" and refuse to enter the...

Jun 11, 2024 at 8:46 AM