1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. ronlewis replied to the thread SRS Acc Fuse - Which Slot?.

It doesn't do anything because it powers the seatbelt/airbag sensors. To test, plug in the fuse and drive the car into a wall. :-)

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:43 AM
  2. Will B replied to the thread 23 Prius Limited Mileage Experience.

On my Gen1, the best tank-full mileage numbers I got were driving around Yellowstone for a few days and again up in Northern Canada and...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:39 AM
  3. ronlewis liked nzprius2001's post in the thread 2001 Prius error codes P3000, P3006, P3022, P3030, C1521, C1522.

Just to conclude this thread, I have had good news from the Toyota dealers. They would like to keep my traction battery for training...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:37 AM
  4. Trollbait replied to the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

Batteries won't work for everywhere. Hydrogen just has issues in transporting and storing it that keep it from widespread use. I can see...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:36 AM
  5. Will B replied to the thread Electric Range.

Just to add data points, I'm up to a predicted 45miles on a full battery charge for my PPPXP (Pretty Prius Prime [XSE Premium]), so at...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:29 AM
  6. Robert21PrimeLTD replied to the thread 2019 AWDe collision avoidance system does not see Teslas.

My car used to beep when parking (front first) in my garage but it doesn't anymore. Not sure if i turned off the buzzer? The big BRAKE...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:26 AM
  7. Zeromus liked reallyreal's post in the thread Electric Range.

If you do a short trip and stay a bit with the car on while in park the kWh/100km readout gets higher, so in theory it should also...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:25 AM
  8. Will B replied to the thread Lost smartphone connection..

@Preebee : Interesting point. Alas I have BT on all the time, mostly for my fitness tracker and earbuds, but occasionally for a whole...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:24 AM
  9. douglasjre liked TMR-JWAP's post in the thread My Project Lithium Battery Caught Fire.

That looks like a potential HUGE liability. A bit scary for a business owner.

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:22 AM
  10. Will B liked Preebee's post in the thread Lost smartphone connection..

Make sure you are selecting your Toyota when turning Bluetooth on. The only time I get lost connection is when I just turn Bluetooth on...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:21 AM
  11. Trollbait replied to the thread Mileage for first service?.

GM has a similar system. Maybe some others have moved to an oil monitor, but many simply don't want to pay for it. Even a basic engine...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:19 AM
  12. Trollbait liked Zeromus's post in the thread Anyone else HATE the touch light switches?.

On the plus side, the vast majority of the car's functions are controlled by physical buttons, dials. The most commonly used ones all...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:15 AM
  13. Trollbait liked Zeromus's post in the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

For me it comes down to use case. If transportation can move towards hydrogen, then even if its less efficient than being in a battery,...

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:13 AM
  14. douglasjre liked AndersOne's post in the thread Noise deming diff between trim levels.

there was some discussion here The question of sound deadening insulation throughout the range | PriusChat

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:12 AM