1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. Trollbait replied to the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

What does the manual say? I've used their E15 in the Camry, but Toyota says to stay below E20. The components of a car that can use E10...

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:31 AM
  2. Mendel Leisk liked ChapmanF's post in the thread Just need to vent....

I remember a conversation along those lines with a family member a dozen or so years ago (would have put it in the middle of that long...

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:20 AM
  3. Mendel Leisk liked ETC(SS)'s post in the thread Preemptive timing chain replacement at 135K miles?.

Yep. Vegans get heart attacks too.

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:16 AM
  4. NullDev replied to the thread Parasitic battery drain?.

I'm thinking of getting a coulomb counter/data logger to put on the 12V battery. This will require a current shunt capable of handling...

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:11 AM
  5. ETC(SS) replied to the thread Tesla stock.

Obviously somebody else uses the 'put your money where your mouth is' argument......

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:10 AM
  6. Trombone replied to the thread Change transmission oil on my '02?.

Interesting that your 2001 manual differs from my 2002 in re: transmission fluid change. I would have thought the two model years would...

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:08 AM
  7. Mendel Leisk replied to the thread Brainstorming Session.

Keep in mind “Prius” is an evolving mechanical entity. With each generation there are modifications, additions, deletions. Toyota touts...

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:04 AM
  8. Trollbait replied to the thread Gates starts building sodium nuclear reactor.

The sodium is hot, but the system isn't pressurized. High temp water systems have an explosion risk from the pressure.

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:03 AM
  9. ETC(SS) replied to the thread Preemptive timing chain replacement at 135K miles?.

Yep. Vegans get heart attacks too.

Jun 13, 2024 at 8:02 AM
  10. Trollbait liked ChapmanF's post in the thread Just need to vent....

I remember a conversation along those lines with a family member a dozen or so years ago (would have put it in the middle of that long...

Jun 13, 2024 at 7:59 AM
  11. Trollbait liked KMO's post in the thread Parasitic battery drain?.

You really shouldn't believe everything you read, and certainly not take it to extremes like that. The idea of "only plugging in to...

Jun 13, 2024 at 7:55 AM
  12. Mendel Leisk replied to the thread Preemptive timing chain replacement at 135K miles?.

Carbon build up in the 3rd Gen EGR system, including intake manifold, can progress just fine, even with short oil change interval and no...

Jun 13, 2024 at 7:45 AM
  13. sylvaing liked Tim_HI's post in the thread 2017 Prime won't charge above 22% on engine revving.

Oh wow thank you for this, I'll try to do that

Jun 13, 2024 at 7:38 AM
  14. tak1313 replied to the thread Interesting video on counterfeit parts.

According to this vid, NGK will tell you if it's genuine. Note that there is the caveat in the vid about some fakes stamping production...

Jun 13, 2024 at 7:34 AM
  15. AndersOne liked KMO's post in the thread Parasitic battery drain?.

You really shouldn't believe everything you read, and certainly not take it to extremes like that. The idea of "only plugging in to...

Jun 13, 2024 at 7:31 AM