1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. bwilson4web replied to the thread Port Isabel, TX, to Huntsville, AL, drive.

Well guess I'll have to 'get a horse.' God forbid me that I ever become an enemy of change. Bob Wilson

Jun 13, 2024 at 4:32 AM
  2. TheLastMojojomo liked mudder's post in the thread My Project Lithium Battery Caught Fire.

OP: If you'd rather, I can post this video in a new thread. I believe it makes sense to post here, since it is a failure analysis based...

Jun 13, 2024 at 4:32 AM
  3. mudder liked TMR-JWAP's post in the thread LiBSU - Redesigning the "Battery Support Unit" to Support Lithium.

@mudder, looking forward to reading about this, and hopefully one day see a good control system developed to allow it in a Gen 2.

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:46 AM
  4. telmo744 replied to the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

Very big engine, about 1 liter cylinder capacity. My main point is: significant dimension differences.

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:44 AM
  5. mudder liked TMR-JWAP's post in the thread Project Lithium Soother Test.

Actually, from the view of a popcorn eater on the sidelines, any potential customer who reads this thread will probably immediately...

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:43 AM
  6. mudder replied to the thread Project Lithium Soother Test.

Yes, that is an accurate high level summary. I concede my videos are technical, and from an engineering mindset. I leave it to people...

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:42 AM
  7. mudder liked ChapmanF's post in the thread Project Lithium Soother Test.

Thanks for doing that. Do I have this summary about right? What it does Transforms 14 input voltages (VIN1 through VIN14) to 14...

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:37 AM
  8. mudder liked Mr. F's post in the thread Project Lithium Soother Test.

Mudder is designing a replacement for the BSU, while NexCell sells replacement battery modules. The two are DIFFERENT products, and one...

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:35 AM
  9. mudder liked TheLastMojojomo's post in the thread Project Lithium Soother Test.

Since you don't know how to use the reply function properly I'm assuming your replying to this: Jack can release these very thorough...

251637_Screenshot_2024-06-12-09-45-42-1.jpeg Jun 13, 2024 at 3:27 AM
  10. mudder liked TMR-JWAP's post in the thread Project Lithium Soother Test.

Doesn't mojo do a mail route? USPS mail routes are absolutely brutal on vehicles.......... I think my wife's route had around 600 stops.

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:27 AM
  11. Tim_HI liked sylvaing's post in the thread 2017 Prime won't charge above 22% on engine revving.

And when I questioned Dr Prius about the support for a Gen4 Prius, I got the following, so I didn't really believe in its result. I...

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:25 AM
  12. mudder replied to the thread LiBSU - Redesigning the "Battery Support Unit" to Support Lithium.

Gen2 is on the roadmap, after Gen3. The modifications are trivial; primarily the OEM serial bus PHY is different, but otherwise the...

Jun 13, 2024 at 3:24 AM