1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

traction battery reconditioning question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SDunahugh, Jul 8, 2016.

1. SDunahugh

SDunahugh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have 2 2007 Prius. I just bought the hybrid automotive charger / discharge kit for both cars, one package 2 sets of cable of course.

Anyhow I just picked up the 1st car to get the cables installed from my mechanic and am in the processes of charging / balancing now.

my question is should I balance the battery between each discharge cycle on only balance again after the last cycle (leave the charger on for an extra 6ish hrs)

time is not really a factor since i have the other car to drive. but i do want to g3et it done semi soon so I can start reconing the other car.

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I just got finished doing mine and the step by step instructions say to stop charging when the voltage stops rising; however, it is prefaced with the statement that a full balancing charge can be done first. So that is what I did (18 hour balance chg) and then approx, 12 hr. full charges (233-234v) during the process and then another 18hr final charge.

SDunahugh likes this.
  3. SDunahugh

SDunahugh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    thanks!!!
    I will just balance on the 1st and last charges then. (read that on their site but I guess i was just over thinking things)