1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

03 Prius getting codes P3001, P3115, and P3030

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by B4CDriver, Oct 26, 2014.

1. B4CDriver

B4CDriver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I recently purchased this 03. I was forced to purchase a scangage 2 to read the codes. I cleared them, and it was fine for about 20 miles. After that, triangle and check engine lights. Had the following codes:
    P3001 - HV Battery ECU Malfunction
    P3115 - System Main Relay Malfunction
    P3030 - High Voltage Line Snapped

Now, what I've done to this thing to try and fix it.
    1 Removed the HV battery, removed the harness, and cleaned all the connections. The copper connectors were all at least somewhat corroded.
    2 Tried Swapping out the HV battery computer
    3 Tried swapping out the HV battery Main Relay

Now, I only get the P3115 code. I can not seem to get rid of it. Does anyone have any ideas what I should look at next? I can cancel it, but after a few seconds the triangle comes back, and eventually the P3115 code shows again.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    One of more of the voltage sense lines OS broken or the connector has one or more bad pins. Leaking electrolyte can eat the copper inside the insulation.

Bob Wilson

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Regarding 3) above, there are three system main relays, so did you replace all three or at least test the resistance across the switched terminals when the relay coil is engaged?

4. B4CDriver

B4CDriver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Ok. I'll have to ohm out the wires (none of the tabs were broken off as I did check that). I did not test the relays, I just swapped out the entire relay assembly for another. Any procedures on how to check that listed online?

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am not aware of an online procedure other than on techinfo.toyota.com

However the 2G Prius repair manual suggests this test: the coil resistance should be 20 - 50 ohms for two of the relays and 70 - 160 ohms for the #1 system main relay. When 12VDC is applied to the relay coil terminals, the resistance across the switched terminals should be less than 1 ohm. The resistance across the switched terminals should be infinite when no voltage is applied.