1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'04 Service Bulletin; Improved battery? Urban legend?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertO, Jan 14, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

My Service advisor has one '04 waiting for a battery replacement. Says he got a Service Bulletin on Battery replacement for a specified negative symptom.

I get the impression this may be a modified version of the same battery. Don't know if this is per case replacement or wholesale replacement. I'm sure Toyota wants battery production to ramp up to meet Prius line demand, so repalcement of batteries in ANY quantity will not be first priority.

I DO know that there was only ONE replacement battery in the Toyota Parts System in the U.S. as of yesterday, and the poor owner is facing a 3+ week wait for it.

I saw his car in the back lot (Bellevue, WA near Seattle).

My battery seems to be OK, but it makes me wonder about frequent "random" ICE startups, especially during low speed, in-town driving, which with my car, delivers lower than highway driving MPG.

Anyone have a better fix on this breaking story?

Bob

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    There's always techinfo.toyota.com...

IF anyone is interested in TSB's (technical service bulletins), you can pop the $10 for 24 hour minimum time at techinfo.toyota.com, and download all of them in PDF format.

While you're there, you can grab the repair manuals, new car features guide, etc. Much cheaper than the hard copies if you've got time and broadband.

-Rick