1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'07 Prius - Fully loaded for 15k?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusCruisn, Apr 4, 2012.

1. PriusCruisn

PriusCruisn New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So my GF just got a Porsche Cayenne S and is getting rid of her 07 Prius (fully loaded, 40K miles).

They are offering her $15k on a trade-in so she said she'd sell it to me at that price.

She is the original owner. No accidents, but most of the car has been repainted with some new panels due to several incidents of vandalism (eggings, keying, baseball bat to the hood/doors etc). Damn Prius haters.

Anyway... thinking about pulling the trigger. She has never had any issues (aside from the 12V battery leaving her stranded once), and it's been maintained well by Toyota.

Should I do it?

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    go for it!! I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell your GF this but a real Porsche has only 2 doors and a manual transmission, she bought a VW dressed in a Porsche body kit.

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's a high trade-in offer, so she is probably getting a poor deal. It would be a good deal for you if it is a Touring model, otherwise it is about the going rate.

4. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'd go off TMV.

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Porsche dealers along with other high-er end makers usually offer high trade-ins because they get more on the purchase. She is probably getting a really poor deal on her VW Toureg, err I mean "Porsche".

6. macnolias

macnolias Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lol what kind of girl gets her car vandalized? most I'd do is jizz on her door handle if we broke up. The repaint really hurts value.

Say 12.5 and have her look outside of her 10 miles into 250 miles for a much better deal.

7. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As others have said, that's a high price for the trade-in so she's probably paying more than she need for the Porsche. Have her get a price for the Cayenne without a trade in (call around a couple of dealers and ask for "Internet sales" or go on AOL autos and submit a request). Then decide how much the Prius is worth and offer her that, if you really want the car.

8. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. If all this damage happened to her Prius, what is going to happen to the Porsche when left unattended? I hope she can find safer places to park.

2. As to whether to buy her Prius or not, I suppose you should check the websites that provide used car valuations and see what used Prius are selling for in your area. Good luck.