1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1.5 Million Kilometre Taxi

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 21, 2012.

1. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I still have a way to go to match any of the figures quoted so far - have only done 78,000 km so far in just over a year of taxi operations in Sydney, but, to date, I have not had one issue with the car. There are currently 3 Prius v taxis on the road here in Sydney - they are the 7 seater version with the Li-on battery, but have not had much of a chance to talk to any of the drivers so far. Sydney roads, and lights, are more like the UK than the US (I have driven in both). We do have a few motorway/freeway roads where, occassionally, you can get up to 100 kph, but most roads are just city streets with plenty of stop/start traffic. Can generally get up to 60 kph, but then almost need to start braking for the next set of lights. Morning runs to the airport allow me to cruise at 60 kph for most of the trip, but for most of the day, my average is a lot less than that.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I normally don't paste entire articles but I believe this is worth preserving in case the original article disappears from the newspaper site.

Originally published by Andrew McCredie, July 24, 2014

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    #23 cwerdna, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Tideland Prius likes this.
  4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    At least for me, this article had a new tidbit of info related to insurance costs.
    Andrew Grant must have been an usually safe driver ;)

5. wa-chiss

wa-chiss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a customer who owns nothing but prii for his business. They deliver drugs to pharmacies. They put ridiculous miles on their cars. I have one in the shop now. It's a 2012 prius with 540k miles IIRC. Still going strong.

cwerdna likes this.