1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

100000 mile warning lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by stopint, Aug 22, 2010.

1. stopint

stopint Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    2005 prius...it is a sunday and my service center is closed...was just out running numerous errands and suddenly the red triangle light came on...also the check engine light...and on the display the hybrid system warning light...car has 99,700 miles...i was about 15 miles from home and the car ran fine till i got home...car also started back up no prob with warning lights still on of course...i have never had any probs with the car so far...always take it in every 5000 miles for service...this is not some cruel 100000 mile reminder that toyota has set within like the "maintenance reminder" light...any insight?

2. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There is a very good possibility that your inverter coolant pump has gone
    south. :(

More info here.

Use the search tool with "coolant pump" for lots more. ;)

3. chich2000

chich2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It sounds like the inverter pump went out. I would not drive until you get it checked out. If you continue to drive it with the inverter pump you might fry the inverter. I had this happen to me a 40K but I also live in AZ so it's always running in the 9 months of summer that we have here. :)

Edit: I guess Im too slow on typing... but what he said^^^^^

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    And if it is the pump, you are still within warranty for another 300miles. Worth a AAA tow to the dealer to keep the miles low and stay within warranty work.

5. stopint

stopint Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    got the code read...poa93...inverter coolant system...checked coolant levels all good...hoses all seem to be ok...guess it is internal...will take to service in the morning...

6. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree that the inverter coolant pump is the likely problem. However this part is covered by the 5 year / 60K mile powertrain warranty, not the hybrid system warranty.

7. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ah bummer... Why would that be, it seems rather important to the hybrid system?

8. stopint

stopint Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    yes it was the coolant pump but also the ecu...ecu will not be in till thursday...