1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

125,000 mile / 8yr Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BtotheG, Jan 23, 2010.

1. BtotheG

BtotheG New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks Mitch! It's always nice when someone has ACTUAL experience to share and not just lame cliches. On the other hand, trite catch phrases do make us all feel better at our weak moments.

So, I'd like to know if anyone else out there has had similar experiences?

I'm sure there's someone that has actually used their warranty for their Prius. My last car was a Mercedes. The extended warranty was a little less than $3,000 and my repairs totaled more than $6,000. That's why I see how warranties offer peace of mind. So if that logic doesn't apply to a Prius, then I may just go without it.

2. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I did give an example.

I doubt someone that purchased an extended warranty on a Toyota Prius ever had more repairs then the warranty cost.

There is a HUGE difference on the reliability of a Mercedes and a Toyota. I would buy and extended warranty on a Mercedes. They are not reliable. Here is a reliability report from Consumers Reports. Look at the three on the top, all Toyota companies. Look at the ones at the bottom.

[​IMG]

3. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had two consecutive extended warranties on my 1998 SAAB (I still own it and it's going strong at 180,000 miles, but without a warranty) and both warranty companies paid at least three times their premium in repairs. There was no problem from the dealer or any other repair facility in accepting the warranty. They way it works, is that after the repair facility gets approval, the warranty pays them with a corporate credit card. Needless to say, I took out the 8/125,000 on my Prius for "piece of mind". I have also found in my research that the Toyota warranty is the least expensive, and most inclusive.