1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1998 Prius ABS On and brakes doesnt work

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by prius1999, Feb 23, 2010.

1. prius1999

prius1999 New Member

Hi guys

I had this car since 3 years i guess, but yesterday when i turned it on it was beeping and i put it in reverse, then behold the brakes didnt work as usually, but when i pressed very hard it stopped slowly.

I though brakes were stuff up, but i moved car up to big parking space and was keep going backward and forward, suddenly the beep stopped and the brakes worked as it should.

But now today i though i will do the same thing, but the beep doesn't goes off and brakes doesn't work at the same time.

When i turned on car, i can hear some sounds like tak tak below bonets.

Any one know why brakes doesn't work.
    I have attached two photos as well, that's what it shows on screen..

Any help would be appreciated, i have a manual in English, which is very small and doesn't have anything related to these signs.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. walterb

walterb New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    I hope you had it tolled to a shop...... and fixed. it is obvious it needs attenetion

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    just want to make sure that you are aware of a yahoo! group called Mk1_Prius. It is probably the largest collection of people exchanging information on how to keep The First Prius on the road