1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Wireless headphones with iPad?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by alleyooptroop, Jul 15, 2012.

1. alleyooptroop

alleyooptroop New Member

I have a road trip planned with the fam in a couple weeks. Found a mount for our iPad so the kids in the back can watch movies. My wife and I would like to still listen to music in the front without disturbing the audio from the iPad. Easiest solution is a splitter and 2 wired headphones but I was wondering if there was a more elegant solution.

Since I can only connect one set of headphones via Bluetooth I was thinking about trying another wireless protocol. Maybe RF? Or IR? Biggest challenge is figuring out how to get a transmitter plugged into the iPad. I found some RF headphones at radio shack that come with a transmitter. I was thinking about buying 2 sets, plugging one transmitter into the iPad and hoping both headphones can pick up the signal. Biggest problem with that set up is the transmitter needs power and it's not exactly small.

Any thoughts?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do you have a Prius v wagon?

3. alleyooptroop

alleyooptroop New Member

Yes. The Prius V