1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 compares nicely to C

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by fthorn, Mar 22, 2012.

1. fthorn

fthorn From gas hog to greenie to gas hog

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Test drove a Prius c last night. It was getting/showing, had gotten low to mid 40s. My little 2001 pulled in registering a 50.6 mpg through half of the current tank.

The c porpoised noticeably. Not my 2001.
    Head room is encroached in rear seat at door top. Not my 2001.
    Scalloped-humped-scalloped rear seat would generate much grumbling when my 3 teens are in the back. Not my 2001.
    $20k in debt. Not with my 2001. :)

I do like the real shifter, though not a fan of gated. I like that it has real key. It needs a back up camera ($15 on Amazon...no biggie).

View out front and rear is much more constricted vs 2001. My trip to Florida and back at 70 mph garnered 47-48 mpg.

I like my real trunk. 150,000 miles and my 2001 still putting smiles on my face. I could not wait to drive it home from work today. I know, I'm weird.

2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am very partial to the Gen I also. It was my first Prius. I've never gotten 50 mpg's out of it but I've came very close to 500 miles on one tank. My 16 y/o son drives it now. 115,000 miles of pure bliss!!!! I will keep it as long as economically feasible.

I do like the C though. I'm trying to talk my wife into getting one for herself (so I can drive it) but, she's stuck on an Elantra.

3. fthorn

fthorn From gas hog to greenie to gas hog

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I always LOVED the Gen.I Prius. <3 I miss mine.

5. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Only thing that will drive DOWN the price of a used prius is Gas prices.

Gas has risen almost 70cents per gallon since I have gotten my prius. Just did a search, and All the prii I found with a clean title and over 140k miles were going for at least $200 MORE than the seller was asking that I bought my prius from. Or $700 more than what I paid for mine...

6. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have had 2 of the Gen-1 Priuses. I had an original 2003 bought brand new. I had to sell it a year later when my daughter was born because I couldn't afford the payments anymore. I bought another one used a few years ago with 162,000 miles on it but a dead HV battery. I got it real cheap since gas was cheap at the time. I replaced the HV battery and drove it for a year, then sold it to a friend who is still driving it to this day. I have another friend at work still driving a Gen-1 also. They are good cars. I admit they aren't very stylish. But I do like them.

1 person likes this.
  7. jhknight

jhknight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I too recently drove a C. Compared to my 2002 Prius? Felt and sounded VERY familiar. Rear end of the C felt "bouncy". Loved that C has a real shifter and tilt/tele wheel, and a very comfortable and fully adjustable seat. Alas, being tall I could not sit in the shotgun in the C.