Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

1. TGB4 2014 Prius Convention Hotel Discounts are ending this week. Click for more information. All Access registration with personalized items ends Sept 1. Register now!

2003 Spare Tire Cover

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Irrenarzt, Mar 6, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. Irrenarzt

Irrenarzt Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm looking for a spare tire cover for an 03 Prius. The one I have has the foam paddings all ripped off and it sags hard if you place anything in the trunk. I checked online and wow they are expensive. Any way I can find a used one that is in good shape from a wrecked car?
  2. sbiddle

sbiddle Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That should be an easy junkyard find.
  3. Irrenarzt

Irrenarzt Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I called a number of places today without luck. Dealer wants 131 plus tax for this part which is ridiculous. I really only need the foam pieces but these cannot be purchased separately it seems.
  4. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You have several options. If you go to Michael's (or some other hobby store), you should be able to find a suitable foam to repair the one you have. Or look on ebay for doors or any other exterior parts, find a picture of a wrecked Gen I, call that junkyard and ask them if they have the part. I really don't know if you'll save that much money though but, you never know until you try.
  5. freidawg

freidawg Prius Recycler

Your Vehicle Year:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I have several of these and can send you one, How's $40 including shipping sound?

Eric
    Adopt A Part
    800-508-2211
    1 person likes this.