1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Cabin Blower Motor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wallymw, May 24, 2015.

1. wallymw

wallymw Happy Prius Owner in Mpls

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I used this site to find out how to replace my A/C Cabin blower motor. got the old one taken out and the new one put in, however I cannot get the bottom cover to align to the bottom of the blower. It does seem to align in the front and I can get the two front and one side screws in, however I cannot get the back to make close enough contact to get the back two screws in. I noticed the back left side of the bottom cover is round and it is fitting into the round piece in the bottom (felt on round piece is bunched up after taking it off).

Is it ok, not to have the back two screws in the bottom cover? Doesn't seem to vibrate when A/C is working. The unit still seems to run quiet enough

Is there a trick to get the bottom cover to fit. Took 30 minutes and had to force the front pieces under the bottom glove box bar to get it to make tight contact in the front.