1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 w. Nav & Bluetooth broken touch 2006 no nav will swap work?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by terramir, Oct 9, 2015.

1. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi folks terramir here,

I just disassembled a 2006 86110-47230 without nav or bluetooth as far as I can tell down to the bare touchscreen with metal frame and glass under the overlay, no cracks really no noticeable scratches. it's a four wire connection that looks exactly like those in other peoples breakdown of the 04/05 consoles. looks like it was exactly in the same spot too. before I harvest my console does anyone know about the overlay's i.e the touchscreens if they are perfectly interchangable or not?got this one cheap on ebay was supposed to be the 86110-47080 but somehow the dealer sold in at the brick and mortar location b4 I bought it online so they sent me this one once they got a new prius in. I figured the 86110-47080 /81 would be compatible with the 86110-47070 or 71. could use some input because my touch screen had a big circular crack in the middle that prevent my from changing alot of settings or even really using the navigation system. (unless I can figure out the voice commands.) which I dun have a manual for.
    Any input would be appriciated
    terramir

2. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    well I can answer it myself while I had to force it over gently a little bit (the alignment of the flat 4wire plastic band was off) it works like a charm.
    So it works but the cable does not line up properly. if he had sent me a 70/80 /71/81 in would have worked perfectly I think