1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale 2005 Gen II Prius, Orlando (needs new hybrid battery)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by ERL, Sep 3, 2014.

1. ERL

ERL New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am in Orlando, FL the car is a 2005 with 150,700 miles on it. Toyota tells me it needs all new batteries (12v as well as HV) and it will cost $3200. I am moving to Escondido, CA in 12 days and I don't have the time or money to spend on replacing batteries. Color is Tideland Pearl, no fog lights, no nav system, or sun roof or fancy wheels. She does have a 5-disc CD changer and (drumroll please) a cassette player! I tore off the antenna and she doesn't get good radio reception (I have satellite radio from a portable device so I never cared). Prior to this untimely demise, she was getting about 45mpg.

Toyota offered me $2,000 as a trade-in, but I think I need to sell her and purchase the next car in CA what with all the registration costs, etc

Anybody want her for $1,500?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, if i were in the area, i'd be there tonight. all the best!(y)

ERL likes this.
  3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'll take it if you can bring her to Escondido. $1500

4. gatorglenn

gatorglenn Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I sure would like to see some pictures. Plus some general info on the condition other than the batteries. How are the tires? Any dents or wrecks in the history of the Prius? How long since it was running right? Will it run at all? I would probably need to get it to Lakeland or the Tampa area. Unless I could get an aftermarket hybrid battery there in Orlando.

Thanks,
    Glenn

5. ERL

ERL New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glenn, I'll get you some photos soon. She's at the Toyota dealership right now because I was considering a trade-in. Seems silly to purchase in Florida then have to register here and CA so I'd rather sell her to someone on this forum who might actually get some use out of her.

I was hit by someone running a red light in 2008 or 2009 (I can't remember) she had significant body work done on the front end, driver's side. I later had a minor fender bender when I backed into a van with a wheelchair lift and the rear passenger's side has some scratches and the bumper wants to pop out (but has been glued down for a year or so).

She runs! A/C works and everything but she's only getting 29 mpg right now. I'm not driving her though because I'm not a fan of the scary warning lights all over the dash and I don't know if she'll keep on keeping on for any distance. I'll be picking her up and driving her home Friday, even so. I am actually on the west side of Orlando in Polk County so Lakeland is only about 30 or 40 minutes from the car right now. Apparently AutoZone here sells the Dorman (formerly ReInvolt) batteries -Not sure if that would help since I think it's still $3,000.

I put a new tire on her just before the batteries went - it has maybe 40 miles on it? The other 3 were doing okay. Oil change is also about 40 miles old. Sigh. Interior is a bit worn but not torn or damaged and headlights are cloudy.

Let me know if you need more info before I get around to photos.

Thanks,
    El

6. TampaPrius.com

TampaPrius.com Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will buy it.

PM me

7. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If this deal does not go through let me know. I'm looking for a project car for my son.