1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Package 6 (JBL and nav) MFD video input?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jason Antman, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Jason Antman

Jason Antman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

It's my first time posting here, I just purchased a 2005 Prius with package 6 (JBL and nav), second owner, yesterday. I've spent most of last night reading through the forums, but I've found lots of conflicting information about getting a video input on the MFD. I'm aware of the LockPick and similar devices (including the rumored BeatSonic video in adapter that I can't find on their site), but would prefer to do this myself if possible.

Can anyone say, with certainty (i.e. that you've done it) whether or not I the 2005 MFD with nav will take an analog video input? I've found a number of threads (most specifically jdenenberg's post inPrius MFD Question) that say that the 2005 MFD is an analog model and will take a NTSC video input, and I've found some information on reverse cameras and connector pinouts implying that the MFD should take an analog NTSC video input, and some sort of relay signal to trigger it. However, I've also found a number of posts claiming that the earlier Gen II's (04-06) require an aftermarket lockpick-like adapter to make this work.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the 05 MFD (with nav) will take an external video input? My end plan is to use it as an input for a small onboard computer with NTSC composite output, but I guess I'd be ok with activating it via a switch that simulates the reverse sense input, if it would save me the $300 for a LockPick.

I plan on getting the 2-day TIS subscription and downloading all the relevant PDFs - especially the wiring diagrams - next weekend.

Thanks for any pointers or advice,
    Jason