1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 toyota prius. Emergency light on dash. codes found please help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Delacerda.diegofelipe, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Delacerda.diegofelipe

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello my car has 80,000 miles on it and i just recently purchased it from a dealer with no warranty.

i bought it at 65,000 miles and everything seemed to be just fine up until last night. the emergency triangle popped up on my dash along with my check engine light, ((!)) and VSC. i have since then taken it to midas to get an oil change and get the codes read.

it turns out there are many electrical issues and i would like help as to what i need adress first as i am a full time college student with a limited budget .

Also as i was driving home from midas today and my car seemed to stop accelerating at about 20mph and felt a lot weaker. i am scarred to take it out on the road unless i am fully aware where i need to take it. also a vent in the back right passenger seat has become very loud and does not stop once the car is on.

here are the codes : ( P300 BATTERY CONTROL) (B2799 IMMOBILISER MALFUNCTION) (p080 REPLACE HYBRID BATTERY PACK) (c1241 Low Battery Positive) (B2775 INTERIOR VEVITICATION)
    (B1421 SOLAR SENSOR)

if anybody has any insight or any advice i would greatly appreciate it .
    Im in a real bind and feel kind of helpless at this point.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Register the VIN at Toyota Owners Official Web Site to discover when the car was first sold. You have a 10 year warranty on the hybrid battery pack presuming the car was sold and titled in a CARB state (California).

If it is under warranty have it towed to a Toyota dealer. If not, you can call Toyota to see if the will extend some goodwill due to the low mileage and the short period of time since the end of the warranty.

Luscious Garage could be an option as is looking for a used battery in a salvage yard. Search for "battery" on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Welcome to the site.

3. Delacerda.diegofelipe

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you so much. Im going to get on that right away

4. Delacerda.diegofelipe

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Turns out it was bought in Colorado... which only has an 8 year warranty. i left a message with the san Francisco dealership.. fingers crossed

thank you for the information. i appreciate it

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would address this first:

C1241 Low Battery Positive

as it indicates your 12 V is not in good condition currently. Check the voltage of the 12 V battery at the battery terminals, and if it is anywhere in the 12.0 V region, charge the battery fully over night -- then battery voltage should be in the region of 12.9-13.2 V. Check the voltage again 2 hours after disconnecting the charger and if it does not maintain a voltage > 12.7 V (or you were not able to achieve 12.9-13.2 V initially), then start shopping for a new 12 V battery. Once you have sorted the 12 V battery issue, clear the codes and drive the car. Any real codes will come back. Have any codes that come back checked out, or you can put them up here for advice.

P300 is not a valid code, perhaps you meant P3000 (HV Battery Malfunction).

I suspect you may get:

P3000 HV Battery Malfunction
    P0A80 Replace Hybrid Battery Pack

in which case you will, more than likely, need to replace the HV battery pack, unless you feel up to doing some DIY repairs in that area.

You can ignore the B1241, unless you get it outside in the bright sunlight.

The other codes probably will not come back as they are most likely red herrings from the low 12V problem.

Hope that helps.

Fishcrab likes this.