1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Toyota Prius RadarActive/Valentine1 install pics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mando, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Mando

Mando New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi folks,

The nice folks at SignalActive have released a hardware integration module that links the Valentine1 radar detector and the iPhone with a "crowdsourcing" app. The V1 NOW gets GPS integration! The app is called RadarActive (RA) and it works VERY well.

I thought I would share the installation of the RA system in my 05 Prius. I know what y'all are saying...why bother!! In my experience of driving, EVERY car is capable of speeding at any moment, including my trusty Prius! (at least going down hill ).

Below are pix of my install. I placed my v1.7 V1 behind my rear view mirror, but in a position that still allows the rear antenna full access to the rear. From the driver's position, the V1 can't be seen. The passenger has a slight view of the V1, but not much (see pics).

I ran the RA audio wire between the space of the steering column and the dash. The only way to integrate the audio from the RA/iPhone was to use a cassette adapter (hence, the thin wire coming from the cassette deck). There is an audio input I have available (DVD input on the back of the radio using the Ultimate Camera Lockpick from Coastal Electronic Technologies), but the audio level was extremely low, which required the use of the cassette adapter. Power for the V1 is coming from the outlet underneath the dash.

My iPhone is mounted via a Breffo Spiderpodium located on the driver, center vent. It's a very stable holder. In addition, if you notice on the mount, the top left hand corner, the "leg" of the mount comes over the top of the phone (in landscape mode). I can lift this "leg" up to quickly remove my phone while leaving the rest of the legs of the mount intact.

In all, very impressed with the RA transceiver! No problems with my older v1.7 V1! Great job guys!! Looking forward to future app enhancements!

Attached are the pictures...

Attached Files: