1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Tspirit MFD beep & built in phone queries

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jayw13702, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Jayw13702

Jayw13702 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2005 t-spirit and i have a couple of questions about the MFD, phone and reversing camera:

1) Everytime i move from one screen to another there is an irritating 'beep', is there anyway i can turn that off?

2) I have the built in phone and sat nav, however this cannot be used when the car is in motion, i know the reason why and yes it bugs the hell out of me, is there anyway this can be changed so the sat nav can be used/programmed at any time?

3) As mine is the '05 model it doesnt come with reversing camera, is there anyway of retro fitting one, this seems to be a common question but i cant find a definitive answer for the '05

thanks in advance

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a shame the T-Spirit is supposed to have the back-up camera as standard.
    1. The "beep on screen press" can be switched off in the settings; whether that also turns off the beep on screen switching, I'm not sure. Personally, I'm a fan of aural feed back so I like it on.
    2. Not sure what you mean by you can't use your phone while driving. But as for the Nav, you need to update the Nav disk to 2008 or better. That version includes an update to remove that restriction so that your passenger can enter in a "via" waypoint, e. g., on the move. You might be able to purchase cheaply off eBay, if you want try it. You could even borrow a disc, as the update remains, even if you put your original disk back in.
    3. It can be done, but it is not as simple as buying the OEM camera and plugging it in. For one thing I don't believe the the wiring loom you need is there. Most stories I've read, an aftermarket solution was used.
    hope this helps

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The UK Tspirit did not come with reverse camera before 2006 when the MFD resolution was improved. Also the UK navigation disc does not remove the moving restriction even after 2008 as I have a 2008 with original and later discs. A switch can be fitted to interrupt the speed signal to the MFD to get over the problem.
    I believe the beep can be removed with the Mini VCI, but have not tried this. When I get chance I will see if this is possible and post details.
    The link below may give you some help with fitting a camera.
    Wires connection of back-up camera to MFD !!!

John (Britprius)

Data Daedalus and Jayw13702 like this.
  4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have a look at this link for defeating the nav and phone lockout.
    Speed sensor defeat - a modified approach

John (Britprius)

Jayw13702 likes this.
  5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's interesting you should say that, John. I can't exactly remember which update I did, maybe it was the 2011 update, but which ever one it was, it updated the Nav system software in my 2006 T-Spirit to remove the "no mods on moving" restriction. It also retained that system software update when using the original 2006 disc - in other words the update was not dependant on which disc was in the player.

6. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Would it be possible to send me the files that contain the update so that I can try to build a disc with the UK maps, and add the new features.

John (Britprius)

7. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm afraid I no longer have the T-Spirit or discs, so cannot help. :( And just to clarify the T-Spirit was a UK one and the map update was purchased from the Toyota Europe web portal. I think they were Belgium, so were not out of the ordinary.

8. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That's a pity, but it was worth asking as someone else may have the required files, and let me have them. Thanks for the information anyway.

John (Britprius)