1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 colors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windstrings, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Patience

Patience New Member

Regarding Barcelona Red Metallic...

I found some information for the 2006 RAV4, which will also come in Barcelona Red Metallic. Here are links to some of the pics:

http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/futu...v4/ravflyer.pdf

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Images/View?id=TYT2005110277670

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Images/View?id=TYT2005110251223

It's not easy to get a feel for what the color will actually look like. From the Model Year chart, to the different pics, to different monitors - all these variables seem to change the shade a lot. It REALLY would be great to have an actual brochure. Hopefully this will be available before the end of the month.

This is my first post on the site. I've been reading it for a few months now, since I decided to buy a Prius in 2006. I've found it very informative. I am very particular about my car color. When I buy a car I own it for a very long time. My first car (Toyota Corolla) I owned for 11 years, my second and current car (Honda CRV) I've had for 7.5 years.

I've never cared for Red as a car color, unless it is a very rich, deep shade of red. I'm hoping that the Barcelona red will be a deep shade, and not a washed-out, nondescript kind of red on so many cars you see, or a pinkish-orangeish shade, like the Impulse red Pearl in the current 2006 Corolla. The reds that stand out for me I've seen in some Hondas, the current Accord, and CRV from a couple years back. I have a dilemma about what color to go with. If I don't like the red, then I might have to go with black. I had really wanted the Tideland Pearl, but unfortunately that won't be available.

For all you out there that are particular about car color, you're not alone!

Rose

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Me too... this will be my first ever red car.... I"ve always got the deals on used cars..... this is a brand new shiny "red" one.... I don't think I would have liked the salsa though... it looked too wine for my taste.

3. Matt_in_PDX

Matt_in_PDX New Member

It's great to see more Barcelona images, even if theire not on a Prius.
    I talked to a dealer who said that Barcelona Red exterior will be available with two interiors:
    Burgundy and Dark Gray
    Dark Brown and Ivory

And I also understand that the dashboard is changing to Black on all models. So it sounds like there are two interiors with three colors each.
    I'm trying to figure out what each of these would look like, and which goes best with the Barcelona exterior.

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    With the dark dashboard.. I went with beige.... I was afraid it would look small and be really dark otherwise.