1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Water pooled in right rear passenger floor board. No visible leaks.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ladycdw, Jul 19, 2014.

1. ladycdw

ladycdw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just purchased my daughter a used 2006 Prius and we found water in the rear right passenger floor board this morning. We have only had the car 3 days. There are on leaks that I could find inside the car. I looked in the tire well and water was there and also near the 12Volt battery also. The brownish/yellow sealant in the tire well that goes around the bottom is also in my 2010 Prius but I noticed that my daughters 2006 Prius the sealant or what I believe to be bodyflex is cracked. I am going to have a body person look and see if he agrees with me that this bodyflex is cracked. Has anyone else had this problem.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are several posts about this, please do a search. The issue probably is a tiny crack in the area surrounding the rear hatch opening which allows water to enter, pool around the 12V battery, the tire well, and when it gets bad enough, will flow into the rear seating area.

ladycdw likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i believe one person had water leaking in through the hatch hinges.

ladycdw likes this.