1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius: 3 windows won't roll down, NOT child safety lock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by shutterfly, Aug 27, 2013.

1. shutterfly

shutterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2007 Prius that first exhibited this problem at about 90,000 in which all windows except the driver's side window will not roll down. It's as if the child safety lock is stuck on, but the button is not depressed. I took it to the dealership and at first they could not find the problem. After a second visit and multitude of tests, it was determined there was a blown fuse (30A) that was replaced. The windows worked after that. Two months later though, the same problem has reoccured.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm wondering if there is some underlying problem that is causing this. I also wondered if perhaps disabling the child-safety locks would help to resolve the issue.

I'm very nervous about taking it back to the dealership since last time they wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars in diagnostic fees since they could not find the problem very easily.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suggest that you determine whether the fuse has blown again. If yes, the switch assembly located on the driver's armrest may have an intermittent short and if so, needs to be replaced.

Eclipse1701d likes this.
  3. shutterfly

shutterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the suggestion. Do you happen to know if it's easy to access that fuse box to replace the fuse?

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You'll need to look in the owner's manual for the specific fuse location, but the two most likely places for it will be in the main relay/fuse box near the inverter in the engine compartment; or in the fuse box on the driver's side (North American models) under the dashboard.