1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Smart Key Programming?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by adamorzol, May 4, 2007.

1. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The 2006 has quite a few changes from the 2004/2005. So I would guess that the 2007 documentation would be closer to your 2006 than the 2004 documentation.

2. Sajjad Siddique

Sajjad Siddique Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My car has the latter, button on the fob to unlock it and into the dash to start it up. This means it doesn't has SKS? Now pls advise further. Thx.

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You will have to buy a new none SKS fob from Toyota they are expensive, a used fob will not work. The car is programmed to accept the new fob and can be done yourself once you have the new one. The instructions are available on this forum but you must have your old fob and the new fob at hand.

John (Britprius)

4. Sajjad Siddique

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

5. Sajjad Siddique

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any idea from where can I get the new fob as a back up. And how to get it programmed then? As I said earlier, local Toyota autos does not extend support yet for prius hybrid cars. My car was imported from Japan in 2012.

6. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The only way I can think of buying a new fob is if you have relatives in a country that has Toyota dealers and ask them to purchase one for you. Or you could try emailing a dealer on line to see if they will supply one.

You can program the car (you do not program the fob!!) to accept the new fob yourself with instructions found here on PC once you have the new fob.
    http://priuschat.com/forums/knowled...lly-how-program-non-sks-key-fob-detailed.html
    Remember it must be new not used.

John (Britprius).

7. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There is a type designation on the keyfob. American Prius usually have 14ACX, although at least one has been seen with a 14AAB. Actually 14ACX is used on a number of Toyotas, even though the plastic case is different for different models. My wife's Lexus CT200h has what looks like a Lexus keyfob, but has a 14ACX circuit board inside it exactly like most 2010+ Prius. There may be a Toyota model in your country that uses the same keyfob type, although the plastic (and the mechanical key) may be different. Keyfobs also differ in the number of buttons on them, ranging from 2 to 4. My 3 button Prius keyfob that I use with the Lexus has a place on the circuit board where a 4th button obviously could be installed.

So the first step is to identify the type. It is marked on the plastic case as something like "Denso 14ACX". If the Japanese market uses something else, then you'll have to find a source for that other type. The programming method is probably the same. Note also that the 2004-2009 models use a different type.