1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007:Security "Immobilization Activated" Indicator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Bernie-B, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Bernie-B

Bernie-B New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    (Ref:The red indicator, car shaped with black key in the middle, that blinks when car is turned OFF and closed-up)

Owners Manuals says the indicator comes-on after shutting down vehicle, then opening Drivers-side door. Mine comes-on as soon as you shutdown vehicle. Toyota Tech says nothing wrong. I said "Your telling me the manual's wrong?" After he displays an unsure face, he says "I'm sure its OK-nothing to worry about" then walked-off.

Can anybody let me know what there’s does? Is my Owners Manual
    wrong?

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    The light is telling you the FOB battery is low. Mine did that every once in a while when I got out to open the garage door. Changed the FOB battery and it was fine.

Note that there are two lights involved. The red one that flashes all the time when the car is off. It will flash when you are inside the car, when you have locked the car, or even when you park the car and don't lock it.

Then there is a yellow one with a key inside it. That is the "I can't see the FOB" light. If the car is running it doesn't matter if it can't see the FOB, until you shut it off. This is the one that may indicate your FOB battery is getting low. My 2007 FOB battery started getting low this summer, so that may be what your problem is.

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The red indicator flashes when the car is off. Your owner's manual is incorrect.

4. Bernie-B

Bernie-B New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks David! The FOB batteries I'd tried already. The way I read the 1st statement pertaining to the "Drivers door" on pg. 22 (below the picture of the Indicator), it is incorrect. I found no relation to the "drivers door opened", to setting the Immobilization system and/or the start of it's system indicator light flashing. Except...If the FOB key is left in the slot, hybrid is shutdown, and the drivers door is opened, you get an alert signal, but that's all...no indicator flashing until the FOB is removed from the slot.
    My summation: The system is functioning as designed:)

If there's something I'm missing/misreading let me know....:confused:

Thanks again for your time- Have great week!

P.S. Experienced the yellow indicator the other day. My wife, with the FOB on her, got out and walked away from the car--and I went to park it:rolleyes:

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Toyota's manuals are impressively bad. It isn't surprising that you were confused.

Tom

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Toyota's manuals are bad? Try some other makes! I'd quote some passages from Yamaha et al but I can't think that way!