1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 vs 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JacksonMs, Aug 10, 2007.

1. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    supply vs. demand rules all in this particular instance. right now, several shoppers are expecting unreasonable discounts on the prius due to sites like edmunds telling them what "invoice" on the car is. edmunds is very helpful if you're looking for a car that is not in demand. a 10% discount on a prius right now should only come from a dealer that doesn't like making money.

2. Devildog

Devildog New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Seaside2007 @ Aug 12 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]494414[/snapback]</div>
    Go to any carmax in the conutry and have them ship the prius of your choice (those that are available at eh Laurel MD Location) to your location.. Got mine for 2500 under invoice. I've now bought and sold numerous vehicle from Carmax and will never deal with a traditional dealer again

3. jarrett_gorin

jarrett_gorin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Seaside2007 @ Aug 12 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]494414[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly the point. We are talking about so few dollars here what is the big deal. IMHO certainly not something waiting an entire YEAR to save ;).

I wanted to get my new Prius, sell my Audi, and get on with my life....in the next couple weeks or so. A few hundred bucks isn's worth the stress.

And IsrAmeriPrius, before you make statements about my capability at my job, you should talk to the people that I have made millions and millions of dollars for. I know the value of money. Which is why I know that it isn't worth spending hours and hours of time and effort, and constant checking and rechecking whether 2008 Priuses are available yet to save a couple hundred bucks (read the post I quoted here, by someone who cleary knows what they are talking about). Apparently it IS worth that to you. That's OK w/ me, we are just different people with different priorities. You should do what makes you happy. I certainly don't pass judgement on you for it.

I did what made me happy and purchased a beautiful new 2007 Silver/Touring/Package #6 Prius from Frontier Toyota in Valencia today (and was able to easily cancel the other one I had on hold out of State), and it is sitting in my driveway. I look forward to selling my Audi A6 in the next week or two and netting out a bunch of cash....and also not having to think about this issue any longer. I don't expect that to impress anybody. It is just something that factored into my decision.

I am thrilled to be a new Prius owner!!

4. JacksonMs

JacksonMs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The MSRP to Invoice ratio on a Prius just isn't worth fretting that much over, especially when you weigh the benefit of having a year newer car. Even if you could get an 07 for invoice (unlikely but possible), the value between an 07 and an 08 more than offsets it.

If you have to have it now, get one. If you can wait a few weeks, get an 08.

Do your sanity the favor and don't overthink this one too much. The $$$ involved either way makes it a wash

I agree... Does anyone know when the 2008's will be in the showroom?

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JG in SB @ Aug 12 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]494455[/snapback]</div>
    First of all, it was not hours and hours of my time. My car broker friend has many sources and they let her know when they have cars that meet my needs at a prices I am willing to pay. She moves enough cars in a month that the fleet managers compete for her business and want to keep her happy. One of them called her and let her know when he had a car for me. It was quite effortless for me.

Secondly, based upon your earlier postings you willing to pay MSRP, so we are talking about thousands of dollars, not hundreds. If you paid over $26,000, which is was my colleague paid last month for a car identical for yours, you overpaid. But as I wrote earlier, for some folks instant gratification is a higher priority than financial prudence.

I am done with this discussion.