Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

1. Today, 9/1, is the final day for full, personalized All Access Registration to TGB4 2014, the Prius Convention in Westford, MA. Click for more information. The All Access pass includes a personalized badge, event t-shirt, access to all events on Friday & Saturday, goodie bag, & more!

2008 Navigation Manual?

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Main Forum' started by Rosie74, Feb 9, 2009.

Social Buttons

1. Rosie74

Rosie74 New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!
    I'm a happy owner of an 08 Prius, which came with the Toyota pouch with original user manual and some other books.. but no Navigation System manual. Now, I know I can download the PDF file for it, but I'd really like something more practical to use in the car than 25 or more 8" 1/2 x 11" pages...
    I understood Toyota no longer sells them on their website :)() so I looked a bit online and found them on Ebay for.... $ 130.00 each!!! Are you kidding me?? So.. question is, do you guys know of any other way to get a hold of them, or I just have to deal with the PDF print outs?
    Thank you :)
  2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Your Vehicle Year:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you buy the 08 from a dealer? If so, ask them to get a manual for you. It's the same NAV manual as the 09 so availability should not be a problem.
  3. Rosie74

Rosie74 New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I bought it from Carmax.. so I don't think they have any available. :(
  4. pjkgrace

pjkgrace New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2009 Prius

I have an '09 Prius and the Toyota Navigation system manual is not at all intuitive...it's very poorly written. Has anyone found a more coherent guide?
  5. hschuck

hschuck Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius

The Toyota website has an on-site tutorial which covers much of the basics. After becoming familiar with basic use, the manual can be useful for finding answers to specific questions. See Toyota Navigation System .