Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

2008 Navigation Manual?

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Main Forum' started by Rosie74, Feb 9, 2009.

Social Buttons

1. Rosie74

Rosie74 New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!
    I'm a happy owner of an 08 Prius, which came with the Toyota pouch with original user manual and some other books.. but no Navigation System manual. Now, I know I can download the PDF file for it, but I'd really like something more practical to use in the car than 25 or more 8" 1/2 x 11" pages...
    I understood Toyota no longer sells them on their website :)() so I looked a bit online and found them on Ebay for.... $ 130.00 each!!! Are you kidding me?? So.. question is, do you guys know of any other way to get a hold of them, or I just have to deal with the PDF print outs?
    Thank you :)
  2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Your Vehicle Year:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you buy the 08 from a dealer? If so, ask them to get a manual for you. It's the same NAV manual as the 09 so availability should not be a problem.
  3. Rosie74

Rosie74 New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I bought it from Carmax.. so I don't think they have any available. :(
  4. pjkgrace

pjkgrace New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2009 Prius

I have an '09 Prius and the Toyota Navigation system manual is not at all intuitive...it's very poorly written. Has anyone found a more coherent guide?
  5. hschuck

hschuck Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius

The Toyota website has an on-site tutorial which covers much of the basics. After becoming familiar with basic use, the manual can be useful for finding answers to specific questions. See Toyota Navigation System .
  6. raysalarf

raysalarf New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two

It's not the same as 2009 ???