1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius warning light - what does this one mean?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by elissacl, Jul 2, 2015.

1. elissacl

elissacl Junior Member

My 2008 Prius was bumped (fairly lightly) from behind by another vehicle while stopped at a light. No visible damage, and it rode fine afterwards. But there is a red warning light on now that is a picture of a car (no exclamation point in it). My husband is home with the car so that's all I know right now. He did not say it was flashing. Is this a sensor issue with the system for theft deterrence? Something else? I will have it looked at next week when i return home but should I be concerned? Thanks!

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    See attached pdf for details

door.jpg
    hybrid warn.jpg
    recirc.jpg imobil.jpg

Attached Files:

#2 rjparker, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  3. elissacl

elissacl Junior Member

Thanks! I did find the owners manual online (but thank you for posting it!!). That's why i think it might be the theft immobilizer system, but since I'm not with the car i thought someone might have a firm idea. Maybe it's a sensor, though i don't know if that is costly to fix. The driver of the other car was a student and I'm not anxious to report this and cause him a problem if it's minor. (Also, I forgot to find out if the warning light is flashing, which would be normal; I only know it's red.)

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Some problems are simple (close the hatch door for example), some are not so cheap. I would think if it's the immobilizer the car would not be running. See the pdf attachment above for details from the manual.

5. elissacl

elissacl Junior Member

Thanks. It's frustrating that I'm not there to try out different solutions. So all I can do is worry. :-(

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved to the proper Gen II sub forum. You posted in the Prius v forums though you said you own a 2008 (which is a Gen II).