1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 prius with jbl and nav and backup camera I need wiring help.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sir spends a lot, Aug 9, 2014.

1. sir spends a lot

sir spends a lot New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am doing a major audio upgrade on a challenge of under 1000 and no speakers showing. Use 12 inch sub but still be able to use spare tire. So I am now hacking into the dash and I get to the premium outputs and I need an oem diagram. I found a 2005 and 2009 but no 2008. I want the wire diagram for the 2 20 pin wire clips and if possible the one that connects to the navigation screen. With my install being video and picture heavy I will share it with all of you. Please let me know if you have a link or picture of the wiring diagram.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I would suspect the 2009 would be the same as 2008. check your connectors to see if the pins and colors match the diagram.
    you getting drivers from parts-express.com?
    most importantly, can we get some pix of your upgrade?

3. sir spends a lot

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My assumption was the same about the 2009 due to the fact the JBL amplifier has the 3 clip hookup. The back of the radio harness is not coded as the schematic. I have the R 5 harness that came with my double din HU kit. and the Aux wires and SWC (steering wheel control) wires do not match up to the clip schematic. When I plug in the R 5 connector the steering wheel AC does still function. My drivers are from mostly amazon.com. I think I will be forced to make my own schematic or wiring diagram. I hope someone sees this post soon.

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I got this schematic from someone on PC. I don't know if it'll help, but here it is.

Attached Files:

5. sir spends a lot

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Great thanks for your help. I actually was looking at the wire harness opposite. There are 2 20 pin harness to the premium radio. I have now hacked the in ceiling mic to hook up to an aftermarket bluetooth. I also hacked the on screen display for the backup camera and reverse sensor. A 12 in a prius is hilarious. Very impressive and I had to turn everything down. Pic of while

Attached Files: