1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 prius wont lock manually or with remote

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Umar Farooq, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Umar Farooq

Umar Farooq Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello
    I have a 2008 prius and I realized today that the driver side rear door will not lock. All the other doors lock except the rear driver side door. I tried locking it using the remote, but it didn't lock. I tried locking it with the lock button in the car by the driver which didn't help. When i try to push the lever by the door handle, it doesnt move. What can possibly be wrong? I appreciate any feedback.
    Thank You

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I believe the lock mechanism uses an electrical solenoid to lock and unlock the door. You might have a stuck solenoid on that door. Something else to check is the position of the child protector lock-out switch located just below the locking plate slot when you open the door. If this switch is in the locked or unlocked position, or somewhere in between, it might effect the ability of the door to lock. Fiddle with it and see if things free up. Otherwise you will have to pull the door panel and investigate further, something I have not had to do yet.

3. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II