1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Pricing is available! Starts at $21k, goes up to $31,770 with options

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Apr 21, 2009.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    3 door Smart Key falls in the category of 'nice to have' whereas this 2010 has (apparently, I haven't tried them yet) the really, really important things like ...

More comfortable seats with more legroom and driver's height adjustability.

One spends .2% of their time opening a passenger or rear hatch, while you spend 99.8% of the time in the driver's seat.

For me, comfortable seating is a must have. Otherwise it is just not worth driving or owning the car.

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have no idea how the trim lines were chosen, but if true that fuel economy was a decider, then perhaps the point is that Toyota wanted all the trim lines to have the *same* EPA mpg -- not the best possible per se.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So true ....

and to get the JBL last summer, had to get pack 4 or above which meant taking HID lights also ....

I've got HID's on the list of things to watch out for. I've also heard police say HID's are on watchlists since crooks like to steal them out of cars.

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep in mind on the changer options - it's 6 disc for non-NAV units, 4 discs for NAV units (to make room for the DVD drive for maps)

5. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

While we do not want to confuse the issue of showing the Prius Priority Invite-Only Program packages (see link below), I think this might be your best resource for the color combos/limitations until you can get your hands on a brochure (or the combos are added to toyota.com/newprius--where we currently show the exterior colors). For those that are seeing this for the first time, please only look at the color options portion, the remainder is meant for a select few who participated in a program which has expired already.
    Thanks.
    Erica

http://priuschat.com/forums/2010-toyota-prius/57974-2010-option-packages-pdf.html

6. Dipstick

Dipstick New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Could the Prius team respond to when Canadian packages/pricing will be released? I can do the math, but I know our packages tend to be different.

Thanks,
    Bruce

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You know why right? So that we can't compare directly.

8. Hari_Prius

Hari_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius

well, I didn't even think that Toyota would have slashed their 2010 prices, so i was thinking that the msrp for the 2010 will be higher. and the price of 22.5K for a 2009 is right at invoice for a pkg 2, so I figured thats a good deal, plus with 0% finance for 36 months. But now, just now just finding out that the 2010 pkg 2 has msrp 22K, this changes the whole value of the deal. i sent an e-mail to the sales consultant yesterday explaining this and requesting my price to be reassessed.

i wonder if i should just transfer the deposit towards a 2010 and just rent a car until they come out. (my current cars tranmission is almost done...) or maybe get the 2009 and make some kind of agreement where i can trade it in for a 2010 with an almost even trade? i do not know what to do...this is stressing me out!

9. Hari_Prius

Hari_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    backup camera and 3 door sks are not a big deal under my radar...

10. lotuszr7

lotuszr7 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Can I order the Version II with the 17" wheels?

That's the only upgrade I'd like to do on that model to make my final decision.

I can't wait to test drive it!

11. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Take the bus for a month. It will make your new car that much more enjoyable. Unless the dealer cuts the price below 20k. Then you have a difficult (but pleasant no matter what) decision to make.

1 person likes this.
  12. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There are some great questions in this thread. I think they would be great questions to ask later on today during the Earth Day Live Chat with Prius Product Manager, Doug Coleman.

4:30 PDT / 7:30 EDT - PriusChat Earth Day Chat | PriusChat

13. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    First of all let me say the pricing is excellent, its a very well priced car and they will fly off the lots with this technology at this price. I really want one.

However, I think I'm SOL on getting my wife to release her grip on our '04 for one of these because she can't have the advanced technology package AND the moonroof. I want to trade because I find the Prius so uncomfortable to drive and I'd like to not drive the Lexus on trips for cargo reasons, gas cost reasons, and mileage reasons. The lure for her is the technology, she wants a moonroof and she also wants the technology goodies just to be able to say she has them (thats why she wanted the Prius in '04).

If she has to decide between having the technology and still having no moonroof, or having the moonroof and not having the technology she says she will just keep her Prius.

I think not having a "loaded" model with all the goodies is a mistake. I mean, every car model has a "loaded" model with all the goodies. I understand weight, but if the decision came down to 17" wheels or the moonroof, I think Toyota blew it choosing the 17" wheels.

I'll try...but I think the better plan is to look at trading my Lexus in on something new or newer with lower miles and driving that on trips and just plan on me not driving the Prius...maybe a new RX350...

2 people like this.
  14. mcsj

mcsj Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
  15. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Gotta have a screen to have a backup camera...

16. winnie71

winnie71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    AudioBooks, Libraries carry hundreds on CD. Some older books will probably never end up on mp3, so a 6CD changer is a must for an avid Audio 'Reader' like myself.

I'm sure this is talked about somewhere, are there any tax breaks available for the 2010? Besides my CT no sales tax?

17. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A lot of cars are putting them into the rearview mirror now.....

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm sure we'll see a lot of people installing the backup camera system with the screen built into the rear view mirror. It's going to be standard in Canada, so that part should make it down to the States fairly quickly.

19. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    And some of those rearview mirrors also sport a ... COMPASS!!! :)

20. carz89

carz89 I study nuclear science...

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The question is ... what direction is the compass showing when the rear view camera is displayed on the screen built into the rear view mirror? Does the compass still "point" straight ahead, or directly behind you?

I always wondered about those compasses - are they magnetic (my hunch), or is there some sort of correction for true north? Or is it fed a "direction" signal based upon the GPS unit's calculated motion?