1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Brakes, Actuator, and Battery questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Moosemilk, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Moosemilk

Moosemilk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----Canada----
    Hello everyone!

I'm looking to buy a 2010 Prius and have gotten a hold of the maintenance records and the battery report. Images are attached.

For you seasoned Prius owners out there, is there anything on there that I should be concerned about? It's got just over 100k km (60k miles) on it and I noticed the rear brakes have been replaced 3 times and early on the ABS actuator needed maintenance or replacing.

Also, the battery report, while the result is "good" 20160725_190810.jpg 20160725_190727.jpg 20160725_193213.png the graph at the bottom does make it seem like the battery is half depleted. How should I read the report?

Thanks for your advice. Looking forward to more discussions and contributions.

MM

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    looks like it's been well taken care of, I think a lot of that report is just inspection notes.

the battery test is just the 12v battery. Charge it up a bit and it probably would be fine.

3. Moosemilk

Moosemilk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----Canada----
    Thanks JC..the sales guy said that the items that are labelled "service" means they were inspected, but without that tag there was repair or maintenance done...so I'm wondering why someone would need their brakes replaced three times and if the actuator has something to do with it.

Also, the state of health indicator on the battery tells me the overall health, right? And the charge indicator is just an indicator of the charge right at that point of testing? That's what has me concerned...by the SOH indicator, it looks like the battery is over half depleted.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Again that battery test is just for the 12v, which is the little battery that starts the computers in the Prius. Once the car goes into Ready mode, the HV battery takes over and there's not much that the 12v battery does at this point. The replacement cost on the 12v battery would normally be around $200 or less. So no real big concern on that battery

You should get clarification from the service department on what's been done on this car. A prius would not need brakes replacement service until over 100k miles. For the exception of the 2010 model that had a recall, which is see is done on the records you posted "brake booster pump (W)arranty"