1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius III- How to turn off back up beeping?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Klaine, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Klaine

Klaine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How do I turn the back up beep off? I Googled it and found several walkthroughs that were all the turn it off turn it on ODO put in reverse ect ect, and I tried it several times and it's not working for me.

Is there another way to do it or is it perhaps different for the 2010?

Thanks for answers :)

2. haole man

haole man Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are 2 ways that I'm aware of: you can ask the dealer to do it for you, or you can buy an ODB-II tool and do it yourself. I don't have an ODB-II tool myself (yet) so I can't help you with the details.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The Gen 2 Prius, which you do not have, could be turned off via the instrument panel, as you found.

The Gen 3 Prius, which you have, can only be turned off via OBDII commands, the dealer has a ODBII programmer called Techstream. Some owners buy ODBII programmers as well, I own a Scangauge II but there are others.
    On-board diagnostics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PriusChat Shop : ScanGauge II Scan Tool + Digital Gauges + Trip Computers [ScanGaugeII] - $159.95

There are a LOT of threads on this topic, just remember you want Gen 3 threads. Those for other cars will just confuse you.

4. phickson

phickson Tron Pod Occupier

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Only the dealer can do it.......or as noted above if you own or know someone who owns a OBDII whatever.