1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius non-solicited CAN readings

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by epboyd, Nov 17, 2009.

1. epboyd

epboyd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi all,

Have any of you had any luck reading/parsing non-solicited CAN readings from a 2010 Prius? Specifically the ones defined by Atilla's spreadsheet:

www_.vassfamily.net/ToyotaPrius/CAN/PriusCodes.xls

(Sorry for the underscore - it is my first post and do not yet have linking privelages!)

including speed, various temperatures, battery aspects, etc? It is worth noting that the spreadsheet specifically says it applies to the second generation of Toyota Prius's whereas the 2010 is third generation, but I was hoping at least some of them would be compatible with the 2010 Prius.

Given my hardware setup being as follows:

OBDII to CAN:
    www_.obd2cables.com/products/obd-cables/obd-ii-cables/cable-j1962m-right-angle-to-db9f-4-3-ft.html
    then CAN to USB:
    www_.candapter.com/

I used the CANdapter logger utility, which seems to have just send the following commands to the CANdapter:

'V': get version
    'N': get serial number
    'S6': set speed to 500 kbps
    'A1': turn time stamps on
    'O': open CAN channel

then wrote the data given from the CANdapter to a specified logfile:
    rapidshare._com/files/308449913/2009-11-17-11-23-07.txt.html

From said logfile, the only CAN frames I can seem to extract (pertaining to Atilla's spreadsheet) are 020, 025, 0B4, 230, 262, 3CF, 423, 4C1, 4C3, 4C6, 4C7, and 4C8, all of which seem to be useless (except 0B4 as speed, which the data extracted does not match actual speed driven).

So it looks like either Toyota has changed the CAN codes, or I am doing something wrong. So If anyone has had any luck with with getting 2010 Prius non-solicited CAN readings (or more modern codes?) I'd appreciate the help!