1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius OEM-quality Fog Light Kit Now Available!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, May 10, 2010.

1. Strike67

Strike67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks to all those that made this Fog Light kit happen.

For those wanting to know my setup.

6000k LED Parking Lights
    6000k HID Low Beams
    6000k Halogen High Beams
    3000k HID Fog Lights
    Blue LED Interior Lights

As you can see using a HID setup for the fog lights actually make the fog lights useful. In fact I can't believe how bright it is on the road with low's and fogs on. These HID lights are so powerful that they make my High Beams look like crap when I use them haha.

2. ePrius

ePrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I installed mine this past weekend and I'm loving every minute of it.

Top notch kit!!!

3. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Still waiting on mine to arrive... Must be on the slow boat...

4. RatedN

RatedN New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  5. ePrius

ePrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    And the side marker in the headlight is clear, not amber... probably not a NA model.

8. cycle11111

cycle11111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok finally got them in. Great quality but it takes some time. Took me about 4 hours but I hadn't read about the instruction updates on here so that probably wasted an hour. Also I think the B&W instructions are very poor as the arrows (red on color instructions) were almost invisible on the B&W I had. Getting through the firewall is not fun at all. I never found the "hole" but made my own; the cable etc pulled through fine by taping the cable to the wires and lubricating the setup.

End result is fantastic and beats the heck out of the dumb blanks.

9. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How long did it take to get them? I'm still waiting...

10. Strike67

Strike67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Mine took me about 3 weeks. :\ but Danny took about 4 days to place the order since he just had a baby so I understand.

I'm hearing many stories about people having trouble with the firewall. To be honest I thought it was extremely easy. Took me about 15 mins to bend a clothes hanger straight, poke a hole through the grommet, scotch tape the cables to the hanger (didn't have electrical tape spent like 45 mins looking for it lol) lube it with soap and pull it through.

I think the trick is to actually not make the clothes hanger wire straight but actually bent so that when you put it through the grommet the wire goes upwards instead of straight. So it comes right up the engine bay where you can grab it easily.

Hardest part of the install was probably trying to take out the push pins and put them back in :(

11. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks... I'll have to check with Danny to see when he placed the order. I placed the order on-line on 4 Oct, so hopefully it will show up this week...

12. cycle11111

cycle11111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It was about 2 to 3 weeks. I delayed putting them in as I needed a jack (ramps will work to) as it is virtually impossible to work under the front to get all the screws out of the under belly shields plus install the lights without raising the front. You can reach under there without a jack but you can't see and the space is very confining.

13. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can somebody please tell me the difference between these fog lights (PIPL-40C) and the Xenon fog lights (BL-1038W)? Both are offered for sale on this message board. The Xenon fog lights are cheaper. Should I just buy the PIPL-40C ones and not even think about the Xenon ones?

Am I correct that the installation process with both should be the same? I'm into easy installation, easy instructions and easy everything else.

Thanks.

Dumb Mike

14. cycle11111

cycle11111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mike
    I would recommend the ones from the Prius Chat shop. They literally fit as if they are Toyota manufactured and the switch that fits into the dash is a perfect fit. When I researched fog lights previously anything other than the PIPL-40C seemed to have some issue wrt the switch or fit or some such. The ones from Prius Chat are basically perfect - takes time to get them in there but it is not hard just time consuming

15. bartelby19320

bartelby19320 Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just ordered mine yesterday...can't wait to install. Anyone know if there would be a way to install a relay?

Has anyone installed a relay yet for these to turn off when the High beams are activated?

16. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks. Then that's the one I will order.

Dumb Mike

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah... like the title says, these are basically OEM foglights so you know that housing and wiring will fit. The only thing difference is the foglight switch... A stock Prius would have the foglight switch on the headlight stalk. This one is a separate button (which I don't mind). The only thing that bugs me (minor issue) is that it appears to be a button from a Yaris or some other older Toyota because the green light doesn't quite match.

18. naudurivsm

naudurivsm New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I have 2010 Prius Package 4 - just bought a week ago . This one neither has the fog lights nor the HID lights which are onyl factory installed in package V models. Can I get these installed on my Prius. I live in Fairfax VA. is there a dealer nearbuy whop can do it for me ?

Please suggest. many thanks in advance.

Venkata

19. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

The 2010 Prius does not come with HID headlights in any model, the V comes with LED headlights. Those cannot be installed in your IV. BUT you can have HID bulbs/ballasts installed in your IV, others in here have done it. Also, you can have a dealer install fog lamps but it will be costly. I'd buy the fog light kit sold here in the Priuschat shop. Then, find a place in your area, usually a car audio installer to install the fog light kit and even the hid headlights since usually they do these kind of installations. You can search around on here and find posts by people who have done these installations themselves as well.

20. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That would be pretty easy to do really. Using a normally closed relay, wire the trigger to one of the highbeam leads and place the relay between the power for the fogs.