1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Splash Guards - Yes or No

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by KJF, Jun 16, 2009.

1. KJF

KJF Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any opinions on the pros and cons of adding splash guards to a 2010? I assume it cuts down on fuel efficiency? Are they necessary to protect paint/finish? Does it just depend on the kind of roads you are driving on? Readily available? Reasonably priced?Easy to install correctly?

2. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i don't even think they are out yet. correct me if i am wrong. but, i would get them to keep the salt from kicking up the sides in the winter.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't care what they do to the mileage, the wheel wells look terrible! I can't believe they aren't finished off with some kind of trim. I am hoping Toyota is working on a solution. After a bit of rain there is quite a bit of splash up on the sides of the lower body. The rather fastidious Japanese engineers must be working on a fix for this.:eek:

Lee

1 person likes this.
  4. Bob_Stan

Bob_Stan New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not sure about a 2010, but on my 2009 there is absolutely no affect. The splash guards are shadowed almost entirely by the tire. I would doubt you would notice any mileage effect.

2 people like this.
  5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I concure with Bob_Stan, I saw no affect on fuel consumption after fitting mudflaps from the Prius Shop to my 2004 Prius.

1 person likes this.
  6. dc202

dc202 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The unfinished wheel wells are not good. I will buy anything available to fix this.

7. ScarGo

ScarGo Common Sense Conservative

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When will the Splash guards be available?

8. Gen 3 for me

Gen 3 for me Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    On my other vehicles where I purchased splash guards I feel it just moved the spray further back. For this reason I no longer purchase them. Wash and wax often is my solution.

9. redmondprius

redmondprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would like to get some splashguards for our new Prius - even though it's still summer, there is a fair amount of road debris hitting the car just behind the wheels (after only about four days of driving). Am thinking about adapting some after-market models - will let you know if I go that route.

In the mean-time, I use magnetic spash guards on my BMW - which might be the best answer for the Prius - both in terms of paint protection as well as aerodynamics. Anyone seen anything like these for a Prius?

You will have to do a search for "magnetic stone guards" since this site won't let me post a direct link until I've had five posts.