1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius V short honking horn in middle of night ( car is confirmed locked)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by rtp2001a, Apr 2, 2013.

?
  1. Have same problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Solution?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rtp2001a

rtp2001a New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a 2010 Prius V that is honking the horn in the middle of the night and sometime in the middle of the day ( 5 short honks of the horn). This has been occuring over the last few months.
    1. Only one key FOB and it is stable ( not in a pocket or something pushing a button)
    2. Car is confirmed to be locked before this occurs.
    3. No alarm issue from what I can tell ( I get up right away and no one or animal is around the car)
    3. Cannot find root cause on a current thread although one person stated that it might be that the 12 VDC battery is starting to go bad???
    No other issue with the car.

Help!

2. B-52

B-52 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When you are driving, do the door locks sometimes rapidly unlock-lock for no reason??
    I have had, on 2 occurrences with 2 different cars, one of the door switches go bad, and sends erroneous signals telling that the door is open - closed.... ajar.
    I have one of the cars now...a ford...and while it is parked in the driveway, I can stand there and hear the automatic door locks rapidly locking and unlocking....I finally had to pull the fuse until I find the problem....

Make sure the doors are securely closed, no seat belts in doors or other items....

Not sure if this is even close to what you are experiencing....but it is a common problem with some cars

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Any signs of mice? My son just had a Sienna that somehow acquired one...wouldn't have anything to do with the way the grandkids drop eats onto the floor, now would it.