1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Toyota Prius - North Texas debut at Heard Museum Green Living Family Festival

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ggood, Apr 30, 2009.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    North Texas e-News

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Attendees of the 3rd Annual Heard Museum’s Green Living Family Festival will have the exciting opportunity to see Toyota’s third-generation hybrid vehicle, the 2010 Prius. [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Craig Marckwardt, Toyota Senior Retail Trainer and Curriculum Developer, will present a live walk-around at the event and will be available at the Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney booth for a question and answer session.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday, May 2nd, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Heard Museum
    1 Nature Place
    McKinney, Texas 75069
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We live very close to the Heard Museum, are members, and were there last Saturday for the unveiling.

The presenter was fairly knowledgeable (but boring) and the car they had was pretty unappealing. Only a package 2. No solar/sunroof. No leather. The plastic inside looked pretty cheap. The arching bridge console is OK. I like the space below where you can put stuff. I can envision lots of mods utilising that space. I don't like losing the two cupholders in the back though. That would definitely not work for our three kids.

Really like the spacious head/leg room in the rear, and the larger hatch box. Very impressed by the car's underside. The tracer thingy is so so, I didn't get blown away by it or anything, although I can see how useful it would be day-in day-out.

I've forgotten how lame the 'standard' sound system on the Prius is. Man, it was bad.

Even if we were in the market for a new car (which we aren't) I'm not sure if I would get this version of the Prius, although the presenter told us Pkg#2 is the most popular (how would he know that???)

On the way home the wife said after seeing that she really wanted to check out the Insight for comparison...

3. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good stuff, thanks ! - Does Tx get some Priuses from SET ?

JM Family.com

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    No - TX is part of the Gulf States Toyota region.

5. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks gg, is there any benefit to buying from gulf states (okay I would go thru a Toyota dealership like most people would so GST is just another middleman or is it) do I get a better price, better selection, service etc ?

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Not sure I understand the question. GST is just the distributor/wholesaler for this region. You can't buy directly from GST. Every Toyota dealer in this region gets their cars through GST. To some extent, GST decides what car configurations get brought into this region and what gets added on at the port (prior to dealer add-ons).

1 person likes this.
  7. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You said it, GST is the distributor/wholesaler for this region so I'm stuck with um (unless I go out of state) so Toyota Motor Co. makes money, the dealer of my choice makes money and GST, whats in it for me except for the privilege of most likely paying MSRP (tell me GST is doing things behind the curtain for my benefit) ?

8. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Not sure GST is really any better or worse than any other region, though some people have had some unflattering things to say about the SET region. The other regions each have a regional distribution company owned by Toyota that makes similar kinds of decisions for their regions. I have the impression the dealers in those regions have a little more say on such matters than they do in the GST and SET regions. Either way, some arbitrary decisions get made by some committee. I suppose there may be more leeway for Toyota to give deals at the wholesale level in those other regions, but I've not aware of significantly better deals being available to buyers in those other regions. - and yes I have occasionally looked for availability and quotes in other regions.

9. energymap

energymap New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    well, this sort of family festival needs to be organize at a regular interval so that our children can know the benefits of green living.

Global warming