1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 / Differences between the four and the Five models?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Man In Black, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Man In Black

Man In Black Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In the 2011 model, what is the difference between the Four and the Five? Is this the same difference in say the 2010 & 2012 models?

I really want the Fve, but also want the Solar Roof of the Four, so if I were to get a Four withe the Solar Roof, what would I need to add to effectively make it a Five?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Here's a difference, in 2010 they used uppercase Roman numerals for model designation. Beginning 2011 they used words like two, three etc. They did this because in 2012 they came out with the Prius v (lowercase v) 'station wagon' and needed to avoid confusion which did no good, it caused it anyway.

You cannot really make a four a five because of the radar cruise, pcs etc if you are talking the at package. If you want to get a four with the solar roof and then convert to hid headlights (I say HID headlights because you cannot just toss in the LED headlights from the Five plus they are very $$$), add fog lamps in the grill, and toss on 17 rims you are getting closer to the five w/o the at package.

Also, 2012 was the cosmetic refresh so on a 12' you will have different tail lights/front grill/rims for the 15", a 'better looking' mfd display, some improvement tweaks affecting dash rattles etc.

3. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Factory 17" wheels
    Fog lights
    LED headlights (if money is no object)

The Five also has headlight washers and liners in the rear wheel wells but you can skip those to effectively make it a Five. It would be too cost prohibitive to add the Adv Tech package but that isn't required as the base Five doesn't have it and you won't be able to get the tighter steering ratio.

4. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    What is this rear wheel well liner you speak of? I have some felt liners in there that attract a lot of dirt. Is this what you are referring to? Are they there to reduce road noise?

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Probably noise reduction, but I can't be absolutely sure. But they do look better/more finished than without the liners. See Should the rear wheel wells look "unfinished"? | PriusChat Those with the lower trims can probably order and install them for the more finished look.

photo-4.jpg