1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius Three, not III, GPS/radio upgrade - options?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Pandas Andpresents, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Pandas Andpresents

Pandas Andpresents Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello all,
    After renting a newer Prius model, I am interested in upgrading my 2011 Prius Three's radio/GPS system. I am trying to figure out what my options are.
    If I just wanted to upgrade the GPS, does the upgrade CD have to be purchased from the dealer? I have seen some on Amazon. Anyone know how much the dealer charges? I tried to do a net search for this info but only got the European Toyota GPS upgrade site.
    If I wanted a radio similar to the newer Prius models (with Entune), is this an option? Can a Toyota dealer install a newer radio/GPS into an older model car? Has anyone done this and, if so, do you mind sharing what the dealer charged?
    If I choose a radio/GPS from somewhere other than a Toyota dealership, I'm guessing it would violate the car's warranty?
    Thanks for any info. I really appreciate it!

2. neez

neez Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I really can only answer your warranty question. Installing aftermarket parts only voids the warranty of things i can reasonable effect. For instance, putting in a new radio will not void your suspension warranty. Or installing different tail lights won't void your engine warranty etc... If something fails, the dealer has to reasonably say that part effected the failed part for such and such reason. It's not possible to void your entire warranty unless you are doing something really strange with your car.

As far as your question, i would also like to know if it's possible to install a newer OEM entune system into my 2011.