1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 used Prius - fair deal?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DamianQC, Aug 27, 2014.

1. DamianQC

DamianQC New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi!

I just found a nice used prius in Canada. It's a 2011 with tech/package (which is pretty much the IV Prius in the US minus the LKA & usb).

Selling for 18800$cdn (about 17300$usd) and it got 25 000km (about 15 000 miles) on it. From a Toyota dealership.

Does that seems fair?

PS : it seems the dealership show's it as a base model, however, serial no and pics are indeed a tech model (IV). (Solar roof, radar, leather, radar, etc...)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! i think it sounds excellent. dealer may be unaware of this gem, what a turn about! all the best.(y)

3. DrPepperholik

DrPepperholik Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome! That does sound like a good deal! I've noticed around here even that some dealers, Toyota ones at that, don't list the 2010s right and will list a Four (or is it IV for that year?) as a Two (II?) so they'll sell it at the lower price. My sister got a great deal on her 2010 with low miles because of a dealer mistake like that. I think what you've got sounds like a great deal! Good luck!

4. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    not really, go to kbb.com or nadaguides.com to get used car values. the car is almost four years old. Low miles, but the car is an 2011. No warranty left on the car. My guess is that the car should be under $14,000. If you were to take out a loan your payments would be within $50 of each other. Not worth buying someone else's headaches. You pay more on interest on a used car vs. new. Only by used if you know the complete history of you are really getting a great deal. Like that car for $11,500 - where you could drive it for a year and then still make $2,000. The dealer probably bought the car for $13k and did it on a trade. That's a 3,000 - $4,000 deal. kachiing.