1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Five LED Headlight assembly swap

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by k.s.c, Mar 19, 2012.

1. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just picked up a 2012 Five and I wanted to know if anyone has any knowledge on the LED headlights. I want to remove the headlights, bake them (to open them), open them and paint all the chrome either flat black or blizzard white (body color).

My question is, are the headlight assemblies the same for the 2,3,4, and 5s or is the LED 5 headlight different? I understand the LED bulbs are different from the Xenon and Halogen bulbs. I want to buy an extra set of headlight assemblies on eBay, crack them open, paint them and pull the stock assemblies out and put the painted ones in. I just want to make sure they will fit. On my last car the OEM HID assemblies were different from the Halogen projector assemblies and I learned that the hard way.

Has anybody done this mod?

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Different innards for the Five and lower trims. That's obvious just from looking at the pictures and the LED ones are expensive at $800 a pop.