1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Map update question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hawqis1, May 31, 2014.

1. Hawqis1

Hawqis1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi there everyone, I am new to this forum since I got a 2012 Prius two weeks ago. Great car, if not THE best car on the market today (with the exceptions of 2013, 14 and so on models of the Prius). When the map was on the screen, I went down a new section of interstate where the GPS was telling me I was going over grass or turn here from the grass to a city road. How do you update the map or should I continue to use Google maps on my cell phone? Can you transfer cell phone Google maps to the Prius? If not, what would be the cost of installing new maps and how do you know what version the Prius has?

2. Paul Schenck

Paul Schenck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I love my GPS in 05 Prius. I changed the map cd when I went in to my certified independent Prius service man (Lexology) He orders it $200 / done. I also run WAZE (most up to date, better than google) on my iPhone to get traffic and road hazards, police ahead. Phone GPS Gets confused a lot, poor view of the sky compared to my Prius GPS antenna. drive safe!

iPhone ?