1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 PRIUS : Nautical Blue Metallic?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by albert626, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mudshark

Mudshark Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks Kyle, ordered mine today. Even with shipping it was about $5 less at Amazon than the local auto stores. I forsee getting a lot of use out of the blade with this car!

...Mudshark

2. kyle5434

kyle5434 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've discovered that if it's at all breezy outside (as it often is here in Nebraska), it's still a challenge to beat the water spots even when using the water blade. But it at least gives you a leg up. ;)

3. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I've had one of those for at least 10 years now. It was called the California Waterblade. Made by the same people who make the California Duster which i still have, too.

Here's a little trick I learned that's probably the best way to dry your car and avoid spots.
    First, make sure it's properly waxed/sealed. That will help.
    Second, when you are done washing and doing your final rinse, remove the nozzle from the hose and just let the water pour out of the open hoze. Start from the top and just let it sheet over the entire car. MOST of the water will run right off the car, leaving VERY little of it behind. Once you are done with that, take your waffle weave drying towel and gently PAT the car down. Patting instead of wiping will lessen the chance of swirls/scratches.
    That's it! Car will be bone dry and your towel will be pretty dry as well since not much water was left on the car to begin with.

Now if you have time, and still got some spotting, go over the car with a detail spray.