1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Navigation trouble

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hawqis1, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Hawqis1

Hawqis1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know if anyone has encountered this problem, but for some odd reason when I set a course to my destination, it's taking me off in some wacky direction including driving through water. One day I was going straight east and the GPS said I was going south. I zoomed out and the whole state was upside down. What can cause that? It also tries to tell me there's a left or right turn where there is none in sight.

Also, is there any way to change the voice of the dictator trying to tell me to turn around now into something more pleasant?

2. Mike Rosenberg

Mike Rosenberg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm afraid I can't help with your problem, but at least I can say you're not alone. I've just recently started having this issue intermittently with my 2004 second generation Prius. Sometimes it acts as if my car is drifting - I can watch the map slowly rotate, as if a compass no longer knows which way is north.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The only problem that I may be able to help you with is the state being upside down. Select on the compass rose in the top left of the screen and you can change between the car always traveling from bottom of the screen to the top, or the top of the screen always North and the car heading in the direction you are traveling. If you have it set to always traveling from bottom of screen to the top of the screen, and you are heading south, the state can be upside down. I prefer the car traveling from the bottom of the screeen to the top.

As for your destination taking you in some wacky directon, have you taken the time to set up all of the configurable parameters to match your driving preferences?