1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Plug-In Advance For Sale $23,000

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Jimbo69ny, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

I am selling my 2012 Toyota Prius Plug In. Its been a great car! I am only selling it because I am getting a Rav 4 EV out of California. The electric range of this car has me hooked and now I want to go full EV.

Here is my ad on craigslist.
    2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In with Advanced Package
    Here is a link to my page on photobucket
    2012 Toyota Plug In Prius For Sale Photos by jimbo69ny | Photobucket

The car is "clearwater blue" and just went over 40,000 miles. It works perfectly and I have had zero mechanical or electrical issues since purchasing it new in 2012. I have taken it on quite a few road trips in it and its been very comfortable on every single one of them.

Its fully loaded. It has the "advance package" which includes leather seats, heads up display, navigation, a smart key system (easily my favorite feature), one touch up and down for all windows, power driver seat, heated seats, leather steering wheel and many more items. I also added Weathertech molded floor mats and an all weather/rubber cargo mat. The car also has tinted windows all the way around and Weathertech rainguards.

Tires are 2 months old and the oil was just changed the third week of July. I have two brand new snow tires Ill throw in too.

Unfortunately it does have a little damage from 2, very low speed accidents. It is minor so dont let it freak you out. The first one was when the car only had 400 miles on it. My mom backed into it and dented the fender and door while it was parked in her driveway. The second accident happened because I was rear ended by someone who couldn't stop in the winter. It too was low speed and she only cracked and scuffed the rear bumper cover. Lastly, I scratched the dashboard when I put a 10' long piece of copper tubing in the car. I am happy to say that it does fit 10' long items but unfortunately I scratched the dashboard finding that out.

I am realistic about the price given that the car is not perfect aesthetically. Kelly blue book on this car in excellent condition is $26,623, very good is $25,896, good is $25,107 and fair is $23,065.

Think $23,000 is a fair price.

Here is a link to KBB
    Kelley Blue Book

#1 Jimbo69ny, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  2. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't know if you've tried kijiji, but I sold my Corolla on there in 2 hours, and I got a lot more for it than I expected.

3. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Ive never heard of that site. I will google it.

Thank you

4. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I hadn't realized that in the US, it's part of Ebay.

5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Only my 2 cents but, I think your asking price is very high.....

6. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Lmao, I didn't even list an asking price. I just listed kbb prices and said make me an offer.

JBumps likes this.
  7. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    With my limited knowledge of marketing, I understand that posting a price will quadruple the number of potential buyers; in other words, an ad without a price will be skipped over by 3 out of 4 people.

The dealer offered me $5800 for my '09 Corolla on trade, but I decided to sell it privately. Once I got the car detailed, I decided to aim high with the price; posting it at $9999. Within 2 hours I had a buyer at the door who was offering $9200. We settled at $9400. I'm quite sure I could have got more for it if I had wanted to take the time to diddle over it.

8. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    NY PiP owner I hope you are aware that Dianne Whitmire, the High Priustess here on Prius Chat, is the undisputed King of RAV4 EV sales. She single handedly sells most of them herself, including many to out of state.

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry to see you go jimbo! there have been a few rav4 ev's around here, people drive them out from cali. all the best with your search and sale!(y)

10. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, and my understanding is that she is no longer allowed by Toyota to sell them to anyone out-of-state :-(

11. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh that's sad ...but thanks for the update!

12. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sales tax?

13. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If a RAV4 EV is sold new to out of state (non California), then Toyota does not get to count it for the ZEV credits I believe. Hence they are preventing California dealers from selling to out-of-state, or at least making it incredibly difficult to do so I believe.
    I don't think they care if you buy it used, as Toyota already claimed the ZEV credit. I recently saw that AutoNation Toyota of Buena Park is selling a 2012 Rav4 EV with 5150 miles for $33k. It might be worth your time to look for a used one. However, I would caution against buying a car that the manufacturer has no plans for supporting in the future, as I would imagine getting parts for it if necessary in the future will be a pain (and they might not service it outside of California). That being said, I still think it's a pretty sweet ride.

Also, definitely put a price up for your PiP. The KBB stuff is too buried within your post. Maybe put like $26k? I personally really don't like it when people put things up as $1 price.
    Prius Cars For Sale | PriusChat

#13 PriusC_Commuter, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    heck, getting parts for a car toyota doesn't plan to stop making can be a pain.:cool:

#14 bisco, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    PriusC_Commuter likes this.
  15. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I found one! I cant give you the details yet but I hope to start the process today. I am taking over someones lease so it will take a bit of work before I can get it shipped.

As for my PIP. I am asking $23,000 which I think is a very fair price. I paid $36,000 for it 2 years ago. Unfortunately I am not in a situation to take advantage of any of the tax credits that are out there.

16. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I just updated the first post with more info and inserted a link to photobucket with some photos I just took.

17. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm tempted Jimbo - I'd love the advanced package and you are right here in town...

Hmm. Now how do those swap-a-lease deals work??

18. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You live in Ithaca?
    If you want to swap a lease with someone you just call Toyota financial and they send you a packet that both parties must complete. They said the whole process takes 30-60 days.

19. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Appears to be a great price for a used Plug In Advance. Good luck with the sale. Smart move going with a lease swap on a RAV 4 EV. You get to enjoy a all EV vehicle, now, with moderate range for a fixed amount and time. Chances are good you won't be affected with maintenance issues or problems with a discontinued production vehicle.

#19 -1-, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  20. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I'm actually buying the car from Dianne. It was her idea to assign the lease to me. It's going to take 30-60 days but she was ok with that. It's going to save me $100/month on my payment! I'm also getting an unlimited mileage lease.

JBumps likes this.