1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012+ Replica Wheel Cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by JoeSeattle, Oct 28, 2014.

1. JoeSeattle

JoeSeattle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Does anyone know if there is a replica (generic) wheel cover made and where to buy? I lost one of my 2012. My local dealer has replica for 2010-2011 but not 2012+. The OEM is way too over priced.
    Thanks!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1. You can take all the caps off and expose just the black wheels (for free)
    2. Ebay is your friend.

3. JoeSeattle

JoeSeattle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I already took them all off but it's ugly. I will search Ebay but wonder anyone ordered before.

4. kenichols29

kenichols29 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Craigslist or ebay. Ive found them for $60 for a set of 4 before.

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    since you are the driver and always on the driver's side. Leave the missing cap on the passenger side. All will be good :D

You can also put a private sales ad for "WTB - single 2012+ hub cap". Maybe someone with 3 hub caps will want to part with 1

#5 JC91006, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    sfprankster likes this.
  6. JoeSeattle

JoeSeattle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I guess that means either no replica made or no one know any online stores sell them. I tried ebay but all are OEM costs $40+ plus shipping. The cheap replica I saw at dealer didn't have the toyota badge on it but costs half price ~$20.

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, obviously if you don't care about "branding" or the "exact look", you can buy wheel covers at Wal-Mart. Or any numerous outlets.

There has been some discussion about aerodynamics and gas mileage, as potentially affected by Non-Prius coverings. But I can't imagine the impact would be noticeable.

I personally am NOT a fan of the OEM coverings...any recent years.

I keep mine....out of apathy. However, if I lost one of my coverings? I'm not convinced The Prius wouldn't look better with almost ANY generic covering. The Prius covers are horrible IMO.

Oddly, the action taken is usually total removal of the covers....or total replacement of the wheels themselves. Not too many people posting buying and using different covers.

I'd consider removing my covers but I don't think the black would look good with Sea Glass Pearl.

8. JoeSeattle

JoeSeattle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That same as my silver car. I am regretting not picking the black car but I liked silver and it's dirt proof. :)

9. sfprankster

sfprankster Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There is no such thing as "dirt proof". :(

If you would like to test your theory, take a spin up my driveway. A little over 2 miles long and 75% unpaved. :rolleyes:

Craigslist is another resource to check. Good luck with the wheel cover.

#9 sfprankster, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  10. JoeSeattle

JoeSeattle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OK. It's all relative speaking and I am not too picky. ;) Silver allow car wash every month (or more) when black probably won't last a week. :(

I am actively checking CL too and hope to find something. The search of online after market hub cap sites none showed 2012+ replica just 2010-11. I guess it's not out yet. I wonder if there is copy rights issues here for current production models. My dealer parts guy did say it usually take a couple years for the replica to come out.